Landlord Taxes

If you own rental property in the UK, it is important to file a self-assessment tax return. Here’s what you need to know:

  • Registration: You must register for self-assessment when you start earning rental income. The tax year for landlords is from 6th April to 5th April, and you need to disclose your property income through a self-assessment return.
  • Unique Tax Reference (UTR): Upon registration, HMRC will assign you a unique tax reference number (UTR). This number remains the same throughout your life, even if you later become self-employed. If you are already self-employed, you use the same UTR for reporting rental income.
  • Deductible Expenses: You can deduct allowable expenses from your rental income to calculate your taxable profits. Income tax is then applied to the net income amount after deductions.
  • National Insurance Contributions: If you are not registered as self-employed, you do not need to pay national insurance contributions on your rental income.

Our Services:

  1. Registering for self-assessment
  2. Declaring rental income and deducting allowable expenses
  3. Preparing and filing your self-assessment tax return
  4. Acting as your agent with HMRC
  5. Email and telephone support throughout the year
  6. Tax planning and advice


We offer fixed fees based on the number of properties you receive rent from. To get started or receive a quick quotation, please fill in the following form or contact us at 0208 648 0800 for consultations. We are here to assist you with your landlord tax obligations.

“Unlock your potential with our exceptional service!

Consult with us today for the best results